Thursday, July 5, 2012

It's about time!

Hello, and thanks for visiting my blog! This is something I have been wanting to do for a long time, and I've finally gotten up the gumption and courage to do it.

I have felt that there is a rift between what is known by doctors and scientists, and what is in the mainstream media for the public's knowledge of how to maintain good health. And a lot of the good articles that are out there seem to be overpowered by advertisements marketing things that are bad for people's health, such as tanning salons and junk foods. To make things worse, there is also a ton of misinformation and pseudoscience out there, and some outright scams from people trying to profit from marketing "snake oil," and I always get quite riled up when I see this false and misleading information in commercials, at the store, and on the internet. As someone working in the biomedical research field, and whose research is largely funded by taxpayer money, I have been feeling compelled to do something about it, and I really enjoy writing. So--here I am: this is my own little endeavor to serve the public and promote scientifically sound information on health and beauty, and where four of my passions in life--science, art, health, and beauty--come together and get all smooshed and fused together. Your comments, questions, and feedback are encouraged and welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment